Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday: All for nothing, kind of

The force was strong today, Luke. By that, I mean the evil force of marketing strategies and sales advertisements. But I stayed strong, and got nearly all my shopping done for next-to-nothing prices.


I poured over ads last night, planning and listing; trying to keep most of my shopping within the stores for which I had gift cards or big coupons (like $10 off any purchase of $10 or more - hello freebies). I got up at 5, left the house at 6 - armed with snacks, coffee & plenty of water - and started shopping with Monsoon in tow. We hit 5 stores in 5 hours and stuck to the list. Mostly. I only made one splurge buy - which I will in fact return because Monsoon doesn't need it, we don't have room for it, and darn-it, those shops won't defeat me!


I am happy to say my Christmas shopping is 90% finished and we've spent less than $100 of actual money so far this year.

More details to follow on Monday with itemized inventory for week #3.

4 comments:

Corinne Cunningham said...

That's pretty impressive!!

Annelie said...

VERY impressive RAS! You freaking rock!

love said...

I'm hoping to give my niece the option of giving to a stove project in africa rather than getting a present. We'll see what happens

Anonymous said...

If you wiѕh for to impгoѵе yоur
famіliarity only keep viѕitіng this sitе and be updated wіth thе most recent news update
poѕted here.

Look at my wеb-site :: privateblognetwork.info